4.12.2013

bedtime stories.

i really enjoy my kiddos' bedtime routines.
it's a little one-on-one time for each of them.


savio gets his bath, a little massage with coconut oil, some songs, jammies, a book or two and his blanky and some nursing before he falls asleep.
we either rock in the rocking chair or cuddle in bed. {my favorite time}


lyla gets her bubble bath, lotion, jammies, sometimes we blow-dry her hair. then we do her inhaler, brush teeth, and then she picks out 2 books...which sometimes turns into 3 or 4, and are usually the same ones for a long time. right now she is into bill martin jr and eric carle's '...what do you see/hear?' books and anything by karen katz or marianne richmond {great for big milestones}.


we read her stories in dim lighting with her fish tank music on and then i lay with her and i used to ask her when we would get all snuggled up 'what did you do today?' and we would talk about details and how much fun we had, then talk about the plans for the next day.


now she asks me when we get all snuggled up 'aaand what'd my do??' {love}

the other night after we chatted a bit, she started dozing off and turned her head and said 'morrow my do my bubbles, my chalk, and my kite.'

pure innocence.

if i could keep her worries to be just that every night before she went to bed, i would. <3

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet routine! My daughter is only 8 months and her bedtime routine is my favorite times of the day... I can't wait until she's older and we can talk about our days :) I just stumbled across your blog and it's adorable - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by & leaving some love! I will reply to your thread, so stop back again later :) xoxo!