6.20.2012

For My Crafty Friends: Bandana Bibs

Bandana Bibs
These things are seriously the cutest! They are functional and fashionable. So I made a bunch for baby boy :) and thought I'd share how... (they look super cute on girls too!)

What you need: Sewing machine, thread, fabrics, pins or no pins, snaps, hammer, thread spool

1. Pick out a bunch of fun fabrics! -my fave part

2. Decide which ones you will pair together and put them together with right sides facing one another. Right side=bright colorful main side
Wrong side=the back

3. Make a template of a bib in this shape. Decide what size you want and go for it! Cut through your 2 layers. I usually fold mine in half so that they are symmetrical. You may pin these pieces.

4. Take it to the machine, being careful not to separate the 2 fabrics if you haven't pinned. I start on the inside and sew all the way around at 1/4 of an inch (leaving 1/4 in from the edge), leaving about an inch open. Be sure to backstitch at the beginning and end!

5. When you are done sewing, turn the bib inside out through the one inch hole.

6. I like to iron mine so the seams are pressed down. I would highly suggest doing this before we sew all the way around. Once you've ironed, topstitch them- sew all the way around the edge, close to the edge, closing that one inch hole. Be sure to backstitch at the beginning and end.

7. Time for snaps! I like the metal ones.

8. Items you need. Follow the directions on the back of the package...hammering one snap on each end. Make sure you match them up correctly!

9. The end result.

10. Seriously. How cute are these. I can't wait to put them on baby boy! Big sis has already modeled the airplanes one, since that is her obsession as of late :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by & leaving some love! I will reply to your thread, so stop back again later :) xoxo!